Search This Blog

Friday 24 January 2014

52 Card Challenge UK Scrappers Week 4

This week, Natalia took this picture as inspiration:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/190136415491262213/

and used this as a base for this week's challenge. 

 
I received a lovely goody crafty bag from the UK for my birthday from my sister-in-law, and it contained a cornucopia of Do Crafts products - most of them, this "Lovely" range of products from Papermania. A whole heap of papers, stickers, ribbon,  die cuts and even a post card stamp - I love that this range is so photo realistic - it looks like I've done loads of sewing and popped on loads of buttons, when in reality, everything has been cut to size. 
 
I just cut out some of the individual elements and stuck them on the paper - specifically, the cotton reels, the lace border and some buttons.  Everything was based on this sewing or haberdashery theme - so my very loose interpretation is folksy, or homespun, I suppose - with lace and a doily in common to the original picture inspiration. 
 
I just raised the heart die cut and the teeny blue buttons on 3D foam - it really does make quite a bit of difference to the appearance.  I've just distressed the edges of things with scissors to add to the "homespun" quality.  Quite different for me - I didn't think I would like this range - but I really do!  Shame I don't know more people locally who love sewing ...
 
Supplies:
Papermania "Lovely Range" - patterned papers and die-cuts

8 comments:

  1. Ditto to what Karen said. Love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very "PRETTY" card....was only thinking of buying this set the other day!!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Can't wait to see how you use the bits I sent!!! LOL ....challenge you!! TXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Ali, really cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, what beautiful background paper.

    ReplyDelete