Search This Blog

Thursday 15 August 2013

August Scrapology Card Challenge - Milestones

Hello everyone and welcome to the August card challenge for Scrapology.  This month, Sandra challenged us to make a card with the theme of "milestones".

Well, a close friend and former colleague mentioned on the phone that her 40th wedding anniversary was coming up - and I thought it would be nice to send her a card.  Great coincidence that it could also serve dual purpose for our challenge!

Red = "ruby" so I searched through my scraps bag and found this piece of patterned paper.  I do really like monochrome cards and find myself making them quite often. 



I have also been turning to my Creative Memories square punch quite often and have used this fundamental design as a basis for many cards.  The hardest thing is to properly align the squares of paper to the card so it doesn't look like a botch job! 

I know this card will still be too busy for my friend, as she told me that she likes very graphic designs with lots of white space.  So I have left it very simple - added a strip of wide coordinating satin ribbon and softened the edge with my Martha Stewart iron fence border punch. 

I stuck most of the flowers down with glue dots but the leafy flourish, the numbers and the flower centres with wet glue. 

I had made the card and took a photo - and realised that I had attached the ribbon with a crease in it!  Normally I don't worry too much about that kind of thing, but this time it really showed up in the photo much more than in real life - so I very carefully got out the iron, and dealt with the crease.  I was a bit concerned before I started that I would damage the card more than fix it, but luckily the iron did its job with no detriment and this time the photo was greatly improved. 

I hope my friend likes her card but more importantly, has a lovely celebration!

Supplies:
Patterned paper -
Bazzill cardstock, white and red
Creative Memories Square punch set
Plastic numbers
Various flowers
White bead flower centres
Die-namics My Favourite Things Leafy Flourish die
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Four
Wide Red Satin Ribbon
Scrappy Glue
3d Foam
Glue Dots

Why don't you join in with our challenge and create a card with a "milestones" theme?  As usual, there is a fab prize to be won!

5 comments:

  1. love this great card Alison and I must get that die too! its been on my want list for absolutely ages now lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of love and effort made a really lovely card. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Ali. So glad I was able to choose set such a useful challenge. It's surprising how many 'milestones' we celebrate within family and friends. xx

    ReplyDelete