Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 June 2013

UK Scrappers 52 Card Challenge - Weeks 12 and 23

Week 12 - mini card/go miniature

Well - this challenge is probably a bit of a cheat, as I don't really go miniature!  The card that I made is actually smaller than I normally do, and what is also different about it is that I decided to use a shaped card. 

Someone sent me yonks ago a pack of freebie shaped novelty cards.  I have made a couple of them and the fact is that I do like them, but usually find them quite time consuming to do.  This one was no exception!

 
 
Supplies:

Shaped cards - Future Publishing Ltd
Patterned paper scraps BG, First Edition, Elsie Flanagan, Sassafras Lass, MME
Brad
Making Memories Tiny Alphas Small

I like how it turned out -  very worth the effort for a special friend! 


Week 23 - manly card

Again - I turned to my supplies, and something I bought way back in 2005 on my trip to America - plain square punch-outs, in a variety of colours.  Goodness knows what I was thinking to have bought them - but I like the challenge of using up something for which I now go "what on earth was I thinking?"

 
Probably a more "arty" card than I have done for some time, but I like it! I made a mistake in the orientation, and wanted to do a masking effect that went wrong.  So I had to turn the card around the right way, and cover up most of the masked design. 
 
So I decided to use an ombre effect. As well as misting up the squares, I used the mists like a paint, and coloured in one of the Doodlebug paper fringes from the white pack. 
 
Supplies:
Grey Punched cardstock squares
Cosmic Shimmer mists:  "Teal Wash", "Aqua Lagoon", "Peacock Green", "Midnight Blue"
Dew Drop Versa Magic chalk ink "Ocean Depth"
Stampin' Up! "Moving Forward" stamp set
Patterned paper scraps
Various buttons
Doodlebug Design Inc "Expressions" Alphabet rub-ons "Swimming Pool" medium
Doodlebug paper fringe
 
I think the dark blue paper pleat on the bottom looks like a stormy sea!  It was way too uniform when I first stuck it on, so I gave some of it a darn good crumple!  Cathartic, if nothing else.  :D
 
I've got another "manly" card to make for my husband for Father's Day, and I am going to use some of the black squares similar to above.  Not quite sure yet what I will do with them .... all part of the creative journey, I guess! :)


3 comments:

  1. I love both cards - the house for the new home card is just so sweet and I love the ombre effect for your Father's Day card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I was just coming here to say thank you so much for the stunning card and you have it up! I love it Ali, thank you for the wishes and for the beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete