Search This Blog

Friday 12 April 2013

March Sketchy Scrappers Layout - The Childminder Christmas Party

Well - only a couple of weeks late, but that is pretty good going for me at the moment!  Lisa set this month's challenge to use the sketch below:

 
and really I defy anyone to see the sketch in my layout!  :lol: I started with photos I had on my desk of the boys at their Childminder's Toddler Group Christmas Party, and I was sick of them gathering dust until I decided what to do with them.  They really weren't the best photos - Henry looks like he had a cold, and Lewis had previously gashed his eye on a plastic chair.  Still, they show the placements the boys made (with a lot of assistance, I am sure!) at the toddler group, and the effort the childminders went to with Christmassy paper plates and decorations, and sandwiches cut into festive shapes.  So for those reasons, I decided that the memory was definitely worth preserving. 
 

 
I was originally going to scrap Easter, but that will now have to wait for another layout! I am determined to use up some more snowy stash, as there won't be much use for it in Australia - not in Queensland, anyway.  Though with things moving so slowly, we might be here at Christmas this rate - no offence, but I sincerely hope not to go through another winter in the UK! 
 
I've used scraps from my Christmas box, which is some of my oldest stash - I think the red and white patterned paper came from a Hot Off the Press book, and the coloured rectangles were from a 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock embossed in white, with Christmassy designs all over.  I shall have to get making Christmas cards from the remainder!
 
I altered the snowflakes by changing their aqua colour to royal blue using a Promarker, and coloured in the embossed designs with my Promarkers so that the design stood out. 
 
I am also trying to use up some incomplete alphas, so I have mixed and matched various brands to make the title.  I cut the tail off the "q's" to make the "a's" in the Papermania foam set, and turned the other "q" into the "h"!
 
Not a great layout but it is bright and colourful, but another one for the album and it does see more Christmassy supplies used and out of the box. 
 
Supplies:
Patterned paper by Hot Off the Press, "Snowflake" paper by "Paper Pizzazz" - 1998!
Embossed white Christmas cardstock - unknown
Bazzill red cardstock
Cricut blue cardstock
Snowflakes - Sticko
Promarkers
Alphas - K and Company Handmade Embossed Stickers, Kaisercraft Mini Alpha,    
               Papermania Foam Alpha Minis
Promarkers


3 comments:

  1. I'm very impressed with your inventive use of old alphas :o)
    Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like the title gymnastics you have achieve Ali! Love this bright page and I can see a bit if sketch in there somewhere x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm most impressed you did the sketch, better late than never, like me lol. It's a gorgeous layout

    ReplyDelete