Search This Blog

Sunday 24 March 2013

Inspired Retreat 2010 - A Different View

Hello people!  A second layout completed within this month from the "Inspired" retreat of 2010 - very satisfying to complete projects that have been in bags for a good couple of years!  Another Emma Trout designed layout class which she entitled "A Different View". 
 
 
I enjoyed putting this layout together so much more than the last one - I loved the finished result, but this layout appeals so much more to me - maybe I feel it's more modern!  I spritzed mists on mine (try saying that 5 times after a glass of wine :lol:!) to update it a bit as they have also been seriously underutilised in my stash.
 
I got quite adventurous and changed up other bits and bobs, too - made my own journalling half-circle as the sticker in the pack was the wrong shade, added a little bluebird to the "happiness" sticker (very appropriate, don't you think? :D) and mostly the lettering is quite different.  I used rub-ons, stamping, epoxy alphas and American Crafts Thickers as the lettering in the kit was too big. 
 
We visited Sorrento in August 10 for a family wedding and it was the first time I'd been to Italy and fell in love with everything about it.  The Bay of Naples was the most stunning setting I'd ever seen and to be looking out at this view from the Foreigner's Club at sunset on a summer's evening is one of the highlights of my life.  After this, the sky turned that breathtaking mauve-apricot colour at sunset.  Far too beautiful for words.  I used the whole "sweet summer" sticker (Emma cut the strawberry off hers) because Paul was addicted to the strawberry icecream and he must have eaten his body weight of the stuff whilst there.  I adored all the food too - but the lemons and the tomatoes were divine!  All that lovely sunshine ....
 
Supplies:
American Crafts Thickers "Jewellery Box"
Gin-Ex rub-on alphabet
Turquoise Epoxy Alphabet
October Afternoon Cardstock Stickers "Cherry Hill"
Bazzill Black cardstock
Patterned papers: October Afternoon (Detours) "Walk in the Park"                   
                             My Mind's Eye (Be.Loved) "Smitten Stripes"
                             Teresa Collins (Damask) "Stationery"
                             Teresa Collins (Documented) "Measured"
                             Prima Marketing (Blooming Retro) "Cotton Clouds"
                             My Mind's Eye (Love Me Do) "Head in the Clouds"
                             My Mind's Eye (Love Me Do) "Rock and Roll Heart"
Stamps:  Hero Arts "B is for"
               Banana Frog "Teen Lower"
Inks:       Charcoal ColorBox Cats Eye Chalk Ink
               Versamark Turquoise Pigment Ink
Mists:     Cosmic Shimmers
 
Probably my best ever buy was those epoxy alpha stickers.  They were 50p each and I must have bought 10 packets - mostly black, but a few of those turquoise sheets.  They need the help of a robust wet adhesive, but then so do the Thickers and then at least you know they won't fall off after getting a good dose of Scrappy Glue! :D
 
Thanks for stopping by! :) x
 
 
                            
 

7 comments:

  1. I really love this, it's so full of colour and although there's lots going on, it doesn't look crowded at all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely - love the mix of all the different alpha's used and it all works so well on the dark cardstock xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Ali. I keep finding more things to look at

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all the detail on this, great layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly saying WOW just doesn't seem enough. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout Ali, I just love the pop of those bright colours on the black background :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning page Ali - just gorgeous, all of it!

    ReplyDelete