Search This Blog

Thursday 9 August 2012

Our Friend Roberta

The following was the sketch for the July Sketchy Scrappers challenge over at UK Scrappers, chosen by Jules. 


Loved this sketch Jules - thanks so much!  I interpreted it rather literally.   


The photo is of our lovely friend Roberta with Henry and Lewis, taken at their first birthday party on 07.07.12.

I used plastic toothpicks as flag poles and washi tape backed with white card as the actual "flags". 

Supplies:
Patterned Paper  Fancy Pants "Love Birds" by Michele Colman
                          - Birds on a Wire
                          Scenic Route  - Background Blue Grid White
Cardstock         Cricut Cardstock
                          Bazzill
Ink                    Versafine "Deep Lagoon"
                          Versacolour "Scarlet"
Stamps             Imaginisce Lucy Bird collection "Flower Swirls"
                          Waltzing Mouse "Bitty Banners"
Die                    Tim Holtz "Typeset"
                          Spellbinders Shapeabilities "Nested Pennants"
Punch               Martha Stewart Butterflies

Washi Tape
Plastic Toothpicks
White Thread
Cobalt Thread
Cobalt Buttons

It took me so long to execute, as my sister and niece were camping out in my scrapping room so I had no access to my crafting supplies for nearly a month!  I am pleased to get my space back, but not so happy that they have gone back to Melbourne ... oh well.  At least I know it won't be long before we are much closer to them on a permanent basis ...



5 comments:

  1. Lovely. Had to laugh at the toothpick poles as I've just done exactly the same on a project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely and I just love that colour combo - red and turquoise, so bright and happy!!! I used wooden cocktail sticks for my flags but toothpicks work great too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty page - love those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked it - I loved your page :) Well how could you not with that colour combination!

    ReplyDelete