Search This Blog

Friday 1 June 2012

May Sketchy Scrappers Challenge

Jess asked me to step in to find a sketch for our group for May.  I originally wanted one that incorporated a lot of photos, but then decided there wasn't enough background to do anything very pretty. 

So here is the sketch I chose - from Pagemaps, October 2009. 


And here is the layout that I produced as a result. 


 
These photos were taken by my mum and were of the first occasion when I tandem fed the boys.  Henry is on the left, and Lewis is on the right - just in case I ever mix up the difference in hair colour!  

I had chosen these two photos to use, but they printed out much bigger than I had intended.  So I decided to run with this version, but then simplify the background.  I used stitching as a background detail, because I wanted to keep the rest of the layout very simple, after I had chosen to use this piece of patterned paper - which I thought contained all the detail that was necessary!  I just raised some of the flowers on foam pads for a bit of dimension. 

Supplies:
Bazzill cardstock
American Crafts "Tropical" A4 cardstock (green mat)
My Little Shoebox "Enjoy Life/Slow Motion" patterned paper
Thickers green alphabet
Cricut cartridge "Opposites Attract"

5 comments:

  1. very pretty layout, love all the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout Ali - love the colours.

    I've used that sketch in the past too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout Ali, I love the photos and the clean lines! Multi-tasking but what did you do if your nose itched? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely and I love how you have used the rainbow in place of circles x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Ali it's gorgeous. I really enjoyed the sketch, just need to photograph an upload mine

    ReplyDelete