Search This Blog

Sunday 15 April 2012

April Scrapology Card Challenge

Hi everyone and welcome to the first anniversary of the April Scrapology card challenge, which this month was set by Elaine from Quixotic Paperie...

She set the theme of "April Showers" - which could mean pertaining to the weather, baby, or wedding ....

I initially didn't think I could come up with anything for the April showers theme to do with the weather, but on looking through my stash of freebie magazine papers and having a sort out, I came across a perfect quote by Dolly Parton.


Supplies:
Craftwork Cards Back 2 Basics- Elegant Edge
WRMemoryKeepers patterned paper
Green Bazzill cardstock (for Grass)
Dolly Parton quote - The Papertrail Company in the Scrapbook Magazine
MAMBI cloud stamp
Rubber Stampede stamp "Splashing Witzy"
Promarkers
Memento ink

Technique:
Used Craftwork Cards - Elegant Edge base card.


Cut the grass with the Sizzix Extended Cuts die. 
Used my Oval Framelits to die-cut a rainbow using the whole series of oval dies.
Stamp some clouds onto white cardstock. 
Stamp the duck using Memento ink and colouring in the background and detail with Promarkers. 

I am not normally one for making cute cards, but when I saw that someone had this stamp for sale on the Marketplace on UK Scrappers, I decided to buy it, as I thought it would be useful someday for layouts of the boys in the bath!  I struggled with this card, but when rifling through my stamp drawers and coming across this happy ducky stamp, it was perfect for pulling all the other elements together in a positive and upbeat way. I coloured in the background of the stamped duck with the colour that exactly matched the WRMK paper, so the duck just appears to be splashing in a puddle amongst the grass, without the normal "halo" effect that you would get when leaving a white border uncoloured around your image. 

What things can you come up with from your stash that makes a card to fit this challenge?  The ingredients of your drawers and cupboards may surprise you ...

4 comments:

  1. Really like this card Ali. The colours are so bright and cheerful. The stamp is cute and will be very versatile with your little lads - bath layouts, feeding the ducks, playing in puddles - endless opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is one cute card Ali - love it. Now to get my thinking cap on LOL!!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that cute little duck and a great way to produce that fabulous cheery rainbow too

    L xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card Ali, really made me smile! That little duckling is adorable, I can see why you like him. And that rainbow idea is totally inspired, what a clever and creative mind you have. love it!

    ReplyDelete