Search This Blog

Monday 20 February 2012

UKS Weekly Challenge - February Week 3

I am part of the Twilight Addicts social group on UK Scrappers, and it is our turn to set the challenge this week. 

As usual, the challenge consists of three parts - the first is to use the sketch below for 10 points. 


The second part of the challenge is to use a group of photos for the second lot of 10 points.  Finally,  for the last 10 points, we would like you to draw inspiration from a book for your title or colour scheme and make sure your reference this in your post. 

I created this layout below of Lewis at six months. 


You can see that I have swapped out two photos to use a hand and footprint of Lewis. 

I used the First Edition range of papers once again called "Up, up and Away" - I am so pleased that they are really versatile and go with most things to do with baby boys.  I used some lime green Bazzill "Just the Edge" strips to coordinate with the papers and then did some handcutting for the embellishment arrangement on the left hand side.  I took some time out one day to take hand and foot prints of both Henry and Lewis for their milestones, and used a pre-gessoed canvas sketch pad from the Poundshop which I have had for donkey's years - I knew it would come in handy some day! 

I had to think long and hard about a quote from a favourite book, but Winnie the Pooh has always been one of my lifelong favourites, and I hope it too will be one of my boys' favourites in the future.  I love the philosophy and the life messages contained in the stories - and how central the importance of meaningful relationships are to all the characters.  I like the handcrafted element to pages, and decided to use my PSX "Playful" alphabet stamps for the quote and the title.  Good to blow the dust off your tools occasionally!

I am very conscious that we are older parents, and through scrapbooking I want to leave my boys messages about how I would like to see them live their lives, and the kind of men they will be when they grow up, should we not be here to see that happen.  That is why the quote I have used is especially poigant to me:

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart.  I'll stay there forever". 

I hope you join in with the challenge and have fun with it! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alison
    Just popped over from UKS to see this week's challenge sketch and your take on it.
    What gorgeous babies they are, great quote too.
    Maggie @ Normandy Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...such a lovely LO, love how this has turned out!! The colour combination, hand cut elements and quote all make it lovely but the photos and foot/hand prints makes this LO extra special so much so that I'm sure Lewis will treasure it in years to come!!
    Txx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout, and such a sweet sentiment for your boys

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Truly lovely layout and I love that layout and the Pooh quote. Thanks for doing an example too.

    See you Friday love

    Lisa
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete