Search This Blog

Saturday 4 February 2012

February Scrapology Layout

Over at Scrapology, we are scraplifting SJ this month with this patchwork layout below.  SJ used a lot of inking, and some stitching to add texture.



I am really appreciating simple, clean layouts for the baby album, so decided not to add these techniques to this page. 

I did intend to duplicate the size of the squares as per SJ's version, but then I made a mistake in cutting my squares, and decided to keep it that way, as I liked the texture of the Bazzill cardstock showing on the background. 



Papers are all First Editions "Up Up and Away" with the exception of the khaki green lightly checked patterned paper - it is Kaisercraft.  The only downside of this patterned paper collection is that the green is too vibrant - normally, I would love that, but for the baby photos, I want to let them shine, and take precedence, rather than a really bright colour overwhelm some of the detail.  I also used an off-white grey sheet of Bazzill cardstock, with some white Basic Grey chocolate chip alphas for the title. 

My journalling reads "Daddy and I are very aware that your future is in our hands.  We will strive to be the best parents we can be - in order that you both grow up to be happy, healthy men who live fulfilled lives, with happy families of your own.  Until then though, it's all up to us - it's in our hands."
Photo 21.07.11
Journalling 24.01.12

3 comments:

  1. Love your version of the page and what a fantastic photograpgh!
    Papers work so well too :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea for a layout Alison. Cute photo and great papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful page Alison, SUCH a precious photograph, love how this turned out xxx

    ReplyDelete