Search This Blog

Thursday 1 September 2011

Scrapology September challenge - E is for Embossing

Well, I have returned from "maternity leave" :lol: and resumed joining in with the monthly challenges over at the Scrapology blog, where this month we have scraplifted a layout by Kelly Goree at Basic Grey. 

This is Kelly's layout below:


The technique this month was to use embossing, whether wet or dry.  I have interpreted the layout very simply below:

 

The image looks wonky, but it is not IRL! I cut out the kraft hearts with my Quickutz die, and then used a Cuttlebug embossing border with my Quickutz squeeze to create the embossing.  I wanted the layout to be quite simple so that the stunning Bounty photo of my boys was the centrepiece, but I did add detail by stitching around the embellishments.  Quite a combination of old papers used, which I don't think matters a jot! 

I used scalloped scissors to cut the blue dotty trim around the photo. Then I cut out one side of the border pattern from the Prima "Happy Go Lucky" patterned paper. Using a Bazzill "Just the Edge" strip as a template, I scalloped one edge of the My Mind's Eye patterned paper.

Supplies:
*  Bazzill Kraft cardstock
*  Bella Blvd Plastino "Label Additions" (family, heart sticker)
*  Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls collection "Spruce and Sky Paisley" patterned paper
*  Cuttlebug Embossing Borders "Just my Type"
*  Kaisercraft Squadron collection "Sergeant" patterned paper
*  My Mind's Eye Abbey Road Lucky Me Collection "How Fortunate" Title; Kaleidoscope Collection   Celebrate "Family" Journaling Card; Wild Asparagus cardstock collection patterned paper
*  Prima Marketing So Cute! Collection "Growing" (Apple of my Eye); Iron Orchid Designs Morning    Song Collection "Happy Go Lucky" patterned paper
*  Quickutz heart die A-SS-0001
*  Sassafras Lass Dreamy Collection "Tingle" patterned paper

Why don't you have a go and join in with us this month?  A lovely prize from Jill at Cardinal Colours is up for offer.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous pic of those beautiful boys:-D
    love this layout too! Glad you are getting a bit of time to scrap too:-D

    L
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning layout and another adorable pic. It's great to see little baby layouts

    ReplyDelete