Search This Blog

Sunday 28 August 2011

Christmas Cards

Isn't it amazing, the amount of stash you build up over the years without really trying?  I keep Christmas bits and bobs in a box file and decided that whilst I was downstairs looking after the boys, I would do a bit of crafting in between.  Cards are easy to pick up and put down, so they seemed a good choice of project.  I have no idea what these papers are called, but they were a freebie with a craft magazine some time ago - so I thought I would challenge myself to use them all up!  All variations on a theme, but they certainly got my Christmas cards started off with a bang. 

Warning - image heavy post! 

Using the Tim Holtz Elegant Flourish die and some blue glitter paper - very simple!

Scalloped scissors for the border.  Craftwork Cards "Oh my words Christmas" for the sentiment - makes card making so quick and easy. 

Using up some of my extensive Bazzill "Just the Edge" strips and a bit of left over card embossed with the Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. 

A co-ordinating frame, again with free magazine paper from a different collection.  

White peel-offs and the end of the blue swirly ribbon as a tag.  I made up my own sheet of Christmas messages and printed them off on robust card. 

I've had the dimensional snowflake stickers for years and years - you only need one!  The blue scalloped border is cut from glitter paper.  

I cut a bunch of white snowflake die cuts last year with my friend Tara's Sizzix snowflake dies.  Easily customisable with Promarkers and Stickles.


Using my Tim Holtz keyholes die and bits of leftover free magazine paper.  

Lots of scalloped circle punches and a way of using up just a left over strip of patterned paper. 

Even though the paper above is really busy, I really like this card - I think the double scallop is really effective, especially when paired with that snowflake dimensional sticker embellishment. 


And some left over handmade purple paper - again, with just a strip of patterned paper.  I used up one piece of that collection last year, but from the remainder, I have made 25 cards - a great staple if you're on a budget.  All quite easily achieved using some crafting basics - circle punches, ribbon, shaped scissors and some die cuts.  Voila!

4 comments:

  1. wow you have been busy!! love all the cards, well done getting them all done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the 'someone special' (busy looking) card. Aren't magazine freebies the best? You've inspired me to have a look through my stash and maybe make a start on some Christmas cards too. Quick and simple are the best in my opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are really lovely Ali. The top two are particularly elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow how busy you have been - great cards!!

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete