Search This Blog

Monday 1 November 2010

Scrapology November Challenge

This month our challenge was set by digi-designer Cindy Schneider from Canada.  Oh my, we are getting intercontinental! 


That is the marvellous thing about digi - so many beautiful layers and extra delicate accents.  Cindy's layout is so beautiful and delicate, but I tried my best with paper.  My layout weighs a tonne!  I did a right hand layout to a left hand side page here

The photos are of our family mucking about in the resort pool last January at Caloundra, Queensland (Aust). We had such a lovely time, just all being together. 


Supplies list:   Making Memories Turquoise Cardstock
                        Bazzill Dotted Swiss White cardstock, pink and
                        emerald green
                        Fancy Pants Summer Soiree stamps
                        Fancy Pants 12 x 12 chipboard
                        WRMK Sew Easy Scallop stitcher
                        Colorbox pigment inks
                        Stickles
                        Patterned Papers:  Rouge de Garance "fleur di tiare no5" ,
                        Sassafras Lass Pocket full of Rosies "Li'l Brudders",
                        unknown
                        American Crafts Thickers


The American Crafts Thickers title colour altered with pigment ink, embossing powder and Glossy Accents.  Some of those big splashes cover some other people and different distractions in the photos and is a trick I use quite often.  Every splash is handcut and outlined with Stickles, so it glitters a lot IRL. 

This layout took quite some time to come together and I am still not quite sure of it - I just loved the delicate colours of the original. 

Why don't you go check out what everyone else on the Scrapology team has come up with from this sketch?

4 comments:

  1. Will definitely have a go this month - I love the sketch.

    Love your layout - the splashes all over the page are fab and really give you the feeling of the movement of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you not be sure .. it's FAB :) I'll put it on my list, and hopefully will give it a go this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those splashes are amazing! Feels like I've just dived in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree, I think its a brilliant page, really eyecatching and those splashes are just fab Ali.
    warmest wishes Anita.xx

    ReplyDelete