Search This Blog

Friday 1 October 2010

Banana Frog Guest Designer

Oooh - get me!  Well, I am the Guest Designer at Banana Frog this month.  I was a bit sneaky and uploaded my layout at the beginning of this week - so now I will share my other project with you. 

I have a friend's wedding tomorrow, so obviously I needed to make a card - the timing was quite perfect, as was this stamp set Bev sent me! 

Butterflies and swirls are perfect for romantic occasions and I think wedding cards need to be soft and romantic.  I cut a piece of robust cardstock just shy of the card blank and stamped the butterflies and swirls mostly around the edge. Here's a close up of the stamping.


 The swirls look great stamped off the edge, and it looks as though I have created a border because I have joined up the images. I then individually embossed each image with Stamp N Stuff White Pearls embossing powder, which gives a lovely sheen. Once that was completed, I used my Tim Holtz foam ink blending tool and various colours of pigment ink from the Tsukinenko Twilight Brilliance ink pad and then heat set to dry. Using pigment inks also gives the card a real shimmer.


With such a detailed background, I decided to just add a simple message with minimal embellishments to complete the card. I decided which message I wanted to use, and then printed it out onto cardstock. I then stamped the journalling spot around the message and cut it out. A few gems to add sparkle, and a flower on some 3d foam, and the card was finished!   Here it is below - I hope you like it!


The smallest butterfly placed on the flower was just the delicate finishing touch required.   I need to produce more projects for the 20th October, so I will have to get creating before then.  Happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful card - those butterfly stamps are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful, delicate card Alison, I bet they loved it..xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Ali. Those butterflies are gorgeous. Congrats on being Banana Frog's guest designer too, yay!

    ReplyDelete