Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Technique Tuesday ....

They're the name of a stamp company but not what I've used here.  I was asked to make a card for a colleague who is shortly moving to start a new life in Australia.  I wanted to do something quite different to what I've been doing lately.  I picked up these Fancy Pants Summer Soiree stamps half price from Capture the Magic (great value for money) and went to town! 


For the sea, I've used all the lovely swirly stamps and two different coloured Stazon, with lots of masking.  I've coloured in the sea with various inks being spritzed onto a craft sheet, and then painted onto the canvas with a paint brush.  I then cut out some images of a different cloud stamp, and used them as masks.  I've misted over the top with turquoise cosmic shimmers for the sky.  All the base elements were stamped with various colours of Stazon and then coloured in the same fashion. The fish and the bubbles were a spare image using a friend's stamp and then coloured in with Promarkers.  I've now reorganised my supplies, and I use an index folder to store odd things like the stamped images using friends' stamps, until they're ready for me to use. 

I think everything looks better with a good dose of Stickles, so that was my finishing touch.  Bright, happy colourful with lots of detail - I am really pleased with the result! 

3 comments:

  1. Corrr, what another fab card!!! love the stamping on it and its just fab fab fab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Ali. Pop over to my blog to pick up your award. http://amomentintime-craftycooper.blogspot.com/2010/07/award.html
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - so colourful, I hope she liked it.

    ReplyDelete