Search This Blog

Saturday 17 July 2010

Saturday snippets

I enjoy making cards, but sometimes I feel the need to shake things up a bit!  That's where techniques really come in handy. 

This first card was using my alcohol ink technique, but I love to layer up and add movement.  I really like how this card turned out.  I sent it to a friend who is currently going through a hard time and is stuck flat on her back in bed.  I hope it cheered her up a bit. 


The colours are subdued, but they all complement each other into a general richness, I think.  Loads of different bits and bobs on this forest green creation. 

Here's some Indian spice!  I really like how this card turned out and it is one of my latest favourites. 


I've managed to use up some fibres (of which I have SO many).  I stamped on this flower in black Stazon, which was a plain boring dark brown.  I then added some yellow ink, and gave it a spritz with some bronze Perfect pearls mixed with some water.  It has a lovely sheen, which doesn't show up here.  I also cut into the petals and cut away some of the fullness of the flower, which totally changed it's appearance from a daisy into a crocosmia - much more satisfying!  The message was inked in gold, again which doesn't show up well here.  I love the hot spicy tones - delicious and with an exotic flavour!

This last card is less unusual, but does use up some handmade paper, and again, some fibres.  I must start using them instead of ribbons - they can add some very interesting texture. 

The addition of the bird instead of a flower means that hopefully it would be suitable for a man, but it is still probably fairly feminine, with all the gem and scallop detail going on, I suppose.  The bird and branch punch is from Stampin' Up - I couldn't resist it, and it has already come in very handy for card making.  I will use in on a page eventually! I punched the figures using white scrap cardstock, and then coloured in the various elements with my Promarkers.  Both the last two cards used K and Co patterned paper which was scrap from the Birthday Book in Thursday's post.  It goes a long way!  I guess this next one is a bit more masculine, being less detailed ....


What do you think?  You can't see it clearly, but there is a dark brown fibre on top of the loopy detail.  It is cute and fluffy IRL ... still suitable for a man?  Yep.  I reckon.  Hmmm, now how else can I use up my stack of fibres in a non-naff way ....

4 comments:

  1. They all look great Ali! I like the last one the best. Simple, but elegant, and I don't think it's that fluffy and cute!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green card was for me!!! Its beautiful and I can't sleep so I thought I'd go ablog-hopping and looky what I found.... and I'd already blogged it too lol.

    Its on my shelf with the others I've been lucky enough to have been sent and they all make me smile when I look at them.

    L x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards ALi, especially love the greeny blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Ali - you are doing well using up your stash.

    ReplyDelete