Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 March 2010

Fabric Flower

Being that my camera is not currently working, I will try to explain how I made that fabric flower on my "Without Measure" layout. 

Firstly, thanks to Lide de Witte who taught us to make paper flowers at Inspired using the following method:

Graduate each layer of the flower - ie, I cut the quilting fabric into a 6 x 6 square, then the red angelina is 5 1/2 x 5 1/2, then the lawn is 5 x 5. Fold the square into quarters, and then in half again, to form a triangle, keeping all open sides together. Cut a rounded petal shape at the top of the triangle, and then the bottom off to form the middle of the flower. Stitch around the middles and then gather. I layered up using giant glue dots and glue.  I tore strips out of the tissue paper and scrunched.  And then  I altered a bit of lace with the appropriately coloured Promarker.  I glued it all into place with wet glue and more glue dots.  Hopefully that will make sense!  It is really quite easy when you know how. 

No comments:

Post a Comment